A FUN COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITY
Orange County Model Engineers is looking for students to volunteer at two of their events. Starting 12/12 through 12/24 will be the Snoopy House at City Hall. This event will be in the evening from 5pm – 10pm nightly. They will be using elves for people control and counting passengers for each train. They need about 15 elves.
Starting 12/21 and 12/22 from 9am to 4pm they will need elves for Squirrel Village, arts and crafts, face painting, Santa’s helpers and people control. They will need about 20 elves.
Sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!!!
If you are interested, please pick up the parent information sheet along with the release form in the counseling office with Mrs. Miner.
Harbor Heritage Run - 12/13/2013
Less than 2-weeks to the
2013 Harbor Heritage Run
"On Campus for the Campus."
Saturday, Dec 14
3K – Tour de Campus
1K – Winter Walk/Run
Sailors Color Run – a new adventure!
Calling all NHHS Clubs and Teams to join in the fun and fundraising.
All courses will be on campus and a percentage of the proceeds from
the 2013 Harbor Heritage Run will be donated to
the NHHS Club or Team of your choice.
Be sure to let us know at the time of your registration.
For more information visit www.harborheritagerun.com
Volunteers needed for Harbor Heritage Run
We are looking for many volunteers to help before and during the event. If you have an hour or two the next 2-weeks or on Saturday, Dec 14 please
Click here to VOLUNTEER , or join us for a planning meeting Tuesday, December 03, 2013 at 6:30 pm or Friday, December 5, 2013 at 1;30 pm in Mr. Murray’s room – Dodge 154
Basket of Miracles
Basket of Miracles
Bring joy to over 500 patients, siblings, parents, and caregivers throughout Southern California. Help Miracles for Kids deliver holiday bags of seasonal
gifts, toys, food, and necessities to children with
life-threatening illnesses and the families that care for them.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Donate toys, games or books
Hand assemble and package gift bags
Deliver holiday bags to families in need
Location: Miracles for Kids
3002 Dow Ave., Suite 320 Tustin, CA 92780 Set Up: Thursday, December 12th
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Friday, December 13th - Saturday, December 14th
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Monday, December 16th - Wednesday, December 18th
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM*
*Can extend deliveries throughout the evening to accomodate schedules
3002 Dow Avenue
Tustin, CA 92780
Tax I.D. #91-2160616
TO CONTRIBUTE OR VOLUNTEER
Sarah Mancinelli, Community Relations Coordinator
714.730.3040 | firstname.lastname@example.org
HEARTS & HANDS 2013
The Newport-Mesa-Irvine Interfaith Council presents
Hearts & Hands 2013
9:00am – 3:00
801 Dover Drive, Newport Beach
IT’S A COMMUNITY BLOCK PARTY!
BRING A NEIGHBOR NEW TO H & H AND GET YOUR FIREMAN’S LUNCHES FREE!
Current Project List:
1. African Hygiene Supplies – Providing a basic necessity of life
2. Friendship Soup – As a neighborly gift, for emergencies, or long-term storage - See below*
3. Welcome To The Neighborhood! – A gift for new “move-ins” to help them feel at home
4. Grab-N-Go Emergency Packs – Neighborly gift giving to prepare for disaster - See below*
5. Dry-pack Canning - Christmas-in-a-Can, Survival-in-a-Can, Candy-in-a-Can, Cash-in-a-Can - See below*
6. Aid for Nicaragua - Purses for “Circulo de los Amigos” made from recycled grocery bags
7. Handmade Wooden Toys – Little wooden vehicles and toy people for orphanages
8. The Ron Robison Shoe Project – A collection of shoes for men, women and children who need them
9. Handmade Fine Wood Pens – For those we honor by many who care
10. Birthday-in-a-Bag – For Orangewood Children’s Home
11. Threads of Love – High risk and terminally ill baby comfort items for OC hospitals
12. Quilt tying – Warmth for local shelters
13. Hand-painted Dolls – Sponsored by interfaith youth groups
14. Knitted Caps – An event favorite for those with cold heads around the world
15. Gratitude Table – To acknowledge our troops and others
16. Fleece Scarves – Easy and fun
Plus the following:
RED CROSS BLOOD DRIVE – To sign up; email email@example.com
COMMUNITY EMERGENCY RESPONSE FORUM – For Newport Beach and Costa Mesa residents
CPR/AED (Automated External Defibrillator) CERTIFICATION – New parents, grandparents, babysitters
caregivers, neighbors – Be ready! 9:00 -12:00 - $5 processing fee. To sign up; email firstname.lastname@example.org
OLD-FASHIONED BAKE SALE - Bring your special homemade treats to the event! Proceeds fund projects.
The following projects have a cost and require a sign-up in advance:
*2. Friendship Soup – Ingredients, container, gift card, ribbon. Makes a lot ‘o soup! ($2 ea.) email@example.com
*3. Grab-N-Go Bags - Contains leather gloves, whistle, water, flashlight, snack ($5 ea.) - firstname.lastname@example.org
*4. Can It! You bring the dry contents - we’ll supply the can, label and packet ($1 ea.) - email email@example.com
MILITARY AND CIVIL SERVANT HONOR WALL
To include your hero, please bring a photo and bio on event day.
This year we are collecting:
Plastic grocery bags - New or gently worn shoes - Canned Goods - Fleece - Baked Goods
LUNCH SERVED BY THE NB FIRE DEPARTMENT - $5.00
STUDENTS AND SCOUTS – EARN YOUR CREDIT SERVICE HOURS!
Need more info? Email Jaimie Day at firstname.lastname@example.org or nmiinterfaith.org
No news posted