REGISTRATION FOR 2015 IB ASSESSMENTS
Registration for this year's IB assessments is still available, but late fees will be charged in addition to the original fees:
1. Between 10/23/2014 and 11/6/2014: an additional $5 per test and $5 for the one-time registration
2. Between 11/7/2014 and 1/8/2015: an additional $40 per test and $60 for the one-time registration
3. After 1/8/2015: an additional $150 per test and $300 for the one-time registration.
To register late, complete the online late registration form.
2. Pay your fees at the ASB store and deliver the receipt to Mrs. Sims in the Counseling Office.
3. If you qualify for the California State waiver, complete these forms and deliver them to Mrs. Sims in the Counseling Office:
income guidelines (for reference only)
IB Extended Essay
IB Seniors: the final EE deadline is approaching fast.
Please read this.
I THINK, THEREFORE IB
NHHS's International Baccalaureate Diploma Program
The IB Diploma Program is an intellectually-rich, well-rounded two-year course of study for juniors and seniors that is built around three core experiences:
- Theory of Knowledge, a college-level seminar
- Creativity, Action, and Service, a student-designed community service project; and
- Extended Essay, a research project)
IB Diploma Candidates also pursue college-level work in six subjects (English, a second language, history, math, science, and an elective.
IB classes are open to all juniors and seniors, not just those in the full Diploma Program. Like AP, IB classes are recognized by colleges and universities as excellent preparation for higher education. Successful completion of AP and IB courses is usually rewarded with course credit or used for placement.
NHHS IB classes
All IB classes are either Higher Level (HL) or Standard Level (SL). Most are two-year classes. Some are combined with AP classes.
IB Literature HL 1 and HL 2 (combined with AP Literature)
IB Language and Literature HL 1 and 2
IB Latin SL 1 and SL 2
IB French SL 1 and SL 2
IB Spanish SL 1 and SL 2
IB Spanish HL 1 (combined with AP Spanish Language) and HL 2
IB History HL 1 (combined with APUSH) and HL 2
IB Math HL 1 (combined with AP Calculus AB) and HL 2 (combined with AP Calculus BC)
IB Math SL 1 (combined with Honors Pre-Calculus) and SL 2 (combined with AP Calculus AB)
IB Math Studies SL (one-year course, pre-requisite: Algebra 2 or higher)
IB Physics HL 1 (combined with AP Physics C: Mech) and HL 2 (combined with AP Phyiscs C: E&M)
IB Biology SL (one-year)
IB ESS SL (one-year; combined with AP ESS)
IB Visual Arts HL 1 and HL 2
IB Theatre HL 1 and HL 2
IB Film HL 1 and HL 2
IB Music HL 1 and HL 2
IB Business and Management HL 1 and HL 2